Friday, February 3, 2012

DAY TWO OF THE IMBOLC TO IMBOLC B-B-B-B-BAD CHALLENGE

So why is she showing us a photo of measuring spoons?  Because they are a very cool tool in the studio.  Make up bead blanks ahead of time for when you don't have a lot of time to create.  Ready made palette.  Not to mention how easy it is to make graduated sized beads and reproduce the size and shape later.  My mantra?  If it doesn't run away, I'll try it with my clay.

 This is the finished bead next to the original mold.  

 And this is the finished bead.  Not much to look at but "frankenfoot" (recent surgery on all 5 toes of right foot with many, many stitches) was not happy today and I couldn't be in the studio as long as I would have wanted to.  The nice thing about this bead is that it demonstrates how useful making bead "blanks" ahead of time can be.  And the canes?  All of them are at least 5 years old.  Creativity when you don't feel like being creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment